Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I love this time of year. The music, decorations, smells, delicious things to eat, and of course being around some of my favorite people. This year, it's a little bit different. My parents are still on a mission in China and my brother, who lives in Utah, is going to the in-laws this year. So that leaves my sister and I alone. It's going to be so much fun though! We have so many fun traditions in my family. We always watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and make breakfast. This year, I made my Momma's overnight french toast. It is so delicious. Then we always watch the dog show. I know. It's kinda weird but my mom and I love it. I don't know why but we're addicted. During all of this we're going through the newspaper and making our Christmas and Black Friday shopping lists. My sister and I always go out with all those other crazy shoppers. We make it fun.

We are not about to cook a Thanksgiving dinner for two people so we are headed to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. That is one of my favorite restaurants and they serve a turkey dinner. I'm addicted to their corn chowder. I kind of like the idea of not cooking. It is so stressful and such a mess. We might be starting a new tradition in our family by going out to dinner in the future. I love the idea of not doing any dishes! ;0)

I'm so grateful for so many things but here are just a few:
1. Good hearted people
2. Country Music
3. Following your dreams
4. Laughter
5. The reason for the season. 

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment