Saturday, September 8, 2012

Take 10 Seconds

Today I was reading my friend Liz's blog. She is one of my good friends. We met when we were Relief Society Presidents in our BYU student singles ward and she has forever been someone who is just such a light to people. She was such a support system to me and always had the best advice on life. She is also a nurse and so she was naturally someone who I respected. ;0) She posted this video on her blog titling it "Well, This Made Me Cry." I too cried when I watched this video. Today my mom left to go back to serve in China for another year. How I am going to miss her so. This morning I went upstairs and my mom was just hurrying about to get everything situated and ready to go for their flight. She came up to me and gave me the biggest hug in the world. My mom is only 5 ft 2in (I'm 5ft 7 in) so she was just this little lady with her arms around me. She hugged me for a long time, at least much longer than usual. She then started to cry. She started saying how she wanted to say that she was sorry for not being there for some important moments in my life. My parents have been on missions since I was 19. I had to grow up fast and learn a lot of things most young single girls don't learn. Sometimes ever. I have to admit, there are times when I wished my mom had been there but I know she is doing a great thing and supporting my dad in what he feels is right. Sometimes it's hard but I know that their example and impact on the world is much more important. This video made me think of a couple of people in my life but my mom being at the very top of the list. I was obsessed with Mr. Rogers when I was little. I watched him every morning take off his shoes and put on his sweater. I sung along with him every day the words "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood." Just take a moment to watch this. It's wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment