Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Smile

My Dad got this note from one of his students in China. I thought it was pretty awesome.

Mr. Prusse,
         How are you today? And how is Mrs. Prusse?
         Thanks for the encouragement yesterday. I will keep up the good work.
         I have held a question for you for a long time. You know, everytime I see you, you are always wearing a smile, not a smile from you mouth, but one from you heart. And so is Mrs. Prusse. This kind of smile is infectious. Every time I met you, I was happy immediately no matter how bad my mood  was at the moment. I ever read a passage in which I was impressed with one sentence," Older people are happier." But I don't know why, maybe because I am not old. I think I was much happier when I was a little boy. As I grow up, there are many unexpected bad things happening, which often make me feel not good.    
      Yesterday, before the short play competition, from 9:00-12:30, I received 13 students from LSU, the US. I showed them around our campus and had lunch with them. They are living in Tongji Guest House now. I can feel they are happier than me, but not happier than you. I can tell they also have some unpleasant things.
        Every morning, when I wake up, I usually tell myself,"Harry, today is a new day, just get up and enjoy your life. Be happy all the time." But happiness doesn't last long. Recently, almost everyday poured in many unexpected and unpleasant tasks, which disturbed my own studying and reviewing schedule.
       Mr. Prusse, can you tell me the secret of your smile? Why do you look so happy and keep humorous all the time?  
                                                                                         Yours sincerely,
                                                                                          Harry
 
And who couldn't smile when you see this crazy old man?!?!
 
 
 The Chinese students love to wear these glasses that do not have any frames in them. Pherrel sure does a great job modeling this Asian style! Actually, now that I think about it, I've seen Americans do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment