Monday, February 27, 2012

Be Bold

So you know those times when you get enough courage to be bold and do something and it all works out? Yep, that happened yesterday. So I had to work the night shift yesterday and it was super slow. No admits. No Discharges. 10 patients. Super easy breezy. So I had all the time in the world to write my boss about my personal goal for the Pediatric Unit this year. Naturally, I was in one of my moods where I felt like I had nothing to lose.

So this is what I wrote:  
 
Goal: My personal goal for this year is to continue to grow professionally with Intermountain Healthcare (IHC). Seeing that I will be graduating in April in Nursing, I would like to continue employment with IHC as a registered nurse. It is my goal to obtain a nursing job by August 2012. Specifically, I would like to obtain a nursing job in the Pediatrics, NICU, or Labor and Delivery departments at UVRMC
Regarding my personal goal, I was wondering if you knew of or foresee a possible need for nurses at UVRMC Pediatrics between April and August? I would love to continue working in this department. I have loved being a part of the UVRMC Pediatric team and would love to be a part of this team as a registered nurse. I also have interest in working as a master float employee so that I could further my nursing skills in Pediatircs, NICU, and Mom/Baby.  
Thanks,
Kellie Prusse
Long story short: I was called by my manager yesterday to inform me that she was ecstatic that I wanted a job there and that she wanted me as an employee!!! I think I just learned a very important lesson. Being bold, you get what you want. If you don't, someone else will take it before you have a chance.

3 comments:

  1. basically you are my hero. also, finding out you have a blog kind of made my life. i am very excited to blogstalk you. watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Ahlin! You are the best neighbor I have ever had! You better be sticking around for summer because I plan on having the best summer of our lives!!! You better watch out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Kellie! That's so great!

    ReplyDelete